In this section:
- About the Licensing Console
- Managing Licenses
- Export License Files
- Import License Files
The Licensing console allows you to manage User Workspace Manager product licenses.
The Licensing console allows you to:
- Manage licenses for single products, the User Workspace Manager suite and Evaluation licenses.
- Export license packages to MSI or LIC file format for saving to the Management Center or other computers which can be remotely accessed.
- Import and manage licenses from LIC file format.
For information about license deployment to endpoints, see Management Center Help.
License details are included in the License Agreement which is issued when an order for our software has been completed.
The License Agreement includes the following information:
- Product, Feature, and Version Details
- Issue Date
- Expiry Date
- Customer Name
- Serial ID
Together with the license agreement you will receive either a TXT file or a LIC file. Use these in the Licensing Console to add or import the license.
Add a License
- Open the Licensing console.
The Add License Key dialog displays.
Enter the License Key and click Add.
If you received a TXT license file, open the file and copy the license key, paste it in to the Add License Key dialog.
If you received a LIC license file, refer to Import License Files.
Details of the license are displayed in the console and the license key is added to %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\AppSense\Licenses
Activate a License
Once added, some licenses require activating.
- Select a license or add one to the licensing console.
- Click Activate.
- Type or copy and paste the activation code.
- Press Enter to accept the code.
The license console saves the license key to the MS Windows registry on the local machine. The License Status field updates to show the status of the license and the license details display in the lower part of the console.
To check that the license is active on your endpoint, search the registry for the license code. If the search finds the code, then the license is active.
Remove a License
Highlight the required license and click Remove.
A confirmation dialog displays.
- Click Yes to confirm.
The selected license is deleted and removed from the console and the MS Windows registry or %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\AppSense\Licenses location, whichever is applicable to the license type.
Export licenses to an MSI or LIC file to create a backup and enable distribution to other endpoints using the Licensing console or the Management Center.
- Highlight the license you want to export.
- Click Export to display Windows Save As dialog.
- Browse to the required location to save the license file.
- Enter a name for the file.
- Select the file type: MSI or LIC.
- Click Save.
A file is created and saved in the selected location. This file can be copied to any network location and loaded via the Licensing console or in the Management Center console.
Import a previously exported license to an endpoint using the Licensing console.
- Open the Licensing console.
- Click Import to display the Windows Open dialog.
- Navigate to the required LIC file.
- Click Open.
Details of the license are displayed in the console and the license key is added to the following location:
I received a license, what do I do?
If you have received a product license you can load the license by launching the Licensing Console on your client computer and entering the license code.
I have entered a license, but it says it is not activated, why?
Some licenses require activation before they can be used. Activation codes are provided by Ivanti. Activate a license by entering the License and Activation codes into the console.
Was this article useful?
The topic was:
Not what I expected
Copyright © 2018, Ivanti. All rights reserved.