In this section:
There are four associated services with the Management Server:
- Ivanti Alerts Service - responsible for creating alerts based on events for the Management Server, and dispatches associated actions.
- Ivanti Events Dispatcher Service - responsible for monitoring for new event files being uploaded and adds the events to the Management Server database.
- Ivanti Scheduler Service - responsible for managing all scheduled tasks associated with the Management Server. This includes discovery and offline machine detection.
- Ivanti Deployment Service - responsible for managing the installation of the Deployment Agent when chosen by the user from the Management Console.
To generate diagnostic logs for Management Server Services set Logging to Enabled on the Instance Detail page in the Server Configuration portal. The log files are stored in %ProgramData%\AppSense\Management_[Instancename]
There is one associated service with the Personalization Server:
AppSense Personalization Background Service - performs batch operations requested by the Personalization Operations console and does daily archiving and cleanup on the database.
The ManagementServer root web directory hosts the Downloads web page for downloading the Management Console, Deployment Agent, User Workspace Manager products, and documentation.
A diagnostics log can also be generated from this page. It is stored at %ProgramData%\AppSense\Management_[Instancename] by default.
The ManagementServer/Deployment web directory provides the Management Server web services that the Deployment Agent uses to access the Management Center database. These hosted web services are:
- Polling - Managed endpoints receive settings such as poll periods and installation schedule during a poll.
- Prerequisite checking & installation - Managed endpoints download agents, configurations, and prerequisites using BITS.
- Event Collection - Managed endpoints upload the majority of events using BITS.
- Server Diagnostics - Managed endpoints send high priority events.
A diagnostics log, DeploymentDirectory.log, can also be generated from this page which is stored at %ProgramData%\AppSense\Management_[Instancename]
The ManagementServer/DataAccess web directory provides the interface to the Data Access Services. All communication from the Management Console comes here.
The ManagementServer/PackageManagement web directory provides an interface to the Package Management Services. All communication from the Application Control, Environment Manager and Performance Manager consoles come here.
You can optionally configure the Management Server website to support Secure Socket Layers (SSL) to provide secure communications using Active Directory.
SSL provides confidentiality and integrity of communications to ensure sensitive data is accessible only by authorized users, including:
- Event data
- Agents and agent configuration data
If you are setting up SSL certificates on web servers using other supported
operating systems and other versions of Microsoft SQL Server, see the
following for further information:
Setup SSL on IIS
This section provides information about setting up the website for SSL by creating a self-signed certificate.
Other types of certificate issued by a trusted Certification Authority are also supported.
- In Start > All Programs > Administrative Tools > Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager, select the [ServerName] node and in the IIS section click Server Certificates.
- Ensure a suitable certificate is listed. If not, create or import a certificate using the options in the Actions panel.
- Select the Website for the product and click Edit Bindings in the shortcut menu.
- Click Add and in the Type drop-down list select HTTPS.
- In the SSL Certificate drop-down list, select the certificate.
- Click OK and Close.