Environment Manager powered by AppSense
Move File Action
This action uses the same features and options as the Copy File action to move a file from one location to another when a trigger or condition is satisfied.
Create a Move File Action
- Select the Policy Configuration navigation button.
- Select a node or condition.
In the Actions ribbon, select File & Folder > Move File.
The Move File dialog displays showing the Files to Move tab.
- Click Add.
- In the Source field, use the ellipsis (...) to navigate to the file you want to move.
In the Target field, navigate to the folder to which the source file will be moved when the action is triggered.
The source file can be renamed by adding a new filename and extension to the target path. For example,
- Source - %SystemDrive%\Documents\Work\Today.doc
Target - \\Server01\Update\Archive1.doc
The source file, Today.doc, is moved but renamed to Archive1 in the target folder.
- If required, select the Fail if Exists checkbox. This stops the action for endpoints where the folder already exists at the target.
Repeat steps 3 to 6 to create further actions within the dialog. A separate action is created for each action in the selected node.
Highlight an action and click Remove to delete an action from the dialog box. The action will not be created.
- Complete the
optional tabs as required:
- Run As
File Extension Exclusions
See Configuring Actions.
- Click OK.
Each action in the dialog is created in the selected node.
Was this article useful?
The topic was:
Not what I expected
Copyright © 2017, Ivanti. All rights reserved.