Environment Manager powered by AppSense
The Run As User Library is used to create and manage user profile information for use in Run As or Connect As actions. These actions enable actions to be performed using different user credentials. For example, a user may require mapping to a network drive or the ability to launch an application using different credentials.
The users defined in the library are available from the Friendly Name drop-down in the Run As or Connect As tabs in many of the action dialog boxes for user triggers.
As well as being accessed from the Manage tab, the Run As User Library is available by selecting the ellipsis in the Friendly Name field. This allows new users to be added to the library whilst creating actions.
Add a User to the Run As Library
- Select the Policy Configuration navigation button.
From the Manage ribbon, select Run As User Library.
The Run As User Library dialog displays.
- Select Add.
- Enter a Friendly Name which displays in the drop-down list on the action Run As tab.
- Complete the user name, password and re-enter the password to confirm.
- Add further users by repeating steps 2 to 4.
- Select OK to save the entry and close the Run As User Library dialog box.
Caution: Passwords are stored in configurations using Public Key Encryption. Care should be taken to ensure that security is not compromised.
Was this article useful?
The topic was:
Not what I expected
Copyright © 2017, Ivanti. All rights reserved.