File Type Associations Action
This action sets default file extensions for selected applications. File associations created from this action overwrite default associations but users maintain the ability to override using the Open with... command or the Default Programs Control Panel settings. When an association is made, files use the icon associated with the executable when displayed in Windows.
- In the Policy Configuration navigation tree, select or create a node or condition on the Pre-Desktop, Session Unlock or Session Reconnect trigger.
- From the Actions ribbon, select File & Folder > File Type Associations.
Enter a valid application path or use the ellipsis to navigate to the required application.
When the action runs, clients do not check that applications exists. File type associations are created regardless of whether an application exists on endpoints.
- Click Add.
- Enter an extension or use the ellipsis to navigate to one.
- Multiple file extensions can be associated with an application. Use CTRL to select multiple file extensions from the list or repeat steps 3 and 4.
- Click OK to save the action.
Was this article useful?
The topic was:
Not what I expected
Copyright © 2018, Ivanti. All rights reserved.