Modify File Attributes Action
Change the attributes, commonly found within the properties of an existing file. For example, you could make a file writable for administrators but read only for all other users, at logon. Each attribute can be Set, Unset or Ignored. When the action is triggered on a user’s endpoint, those attributes defined, will be applied to the selected file.
Create a Modify File Attribute Action
- Select the Policy Configuration navigation button.
- Select the node or condition.
- In the Actions ribbon, select File & Folder > Modify File Attributes. The Modify File Attributes dialog displays showing the Set File Attribute tab.
- In the File field, use the ellipsis (...) to navigate to the file you want to update.
- Select an action for
each of the following attributes:
Each attribute can be set to one of the following:
- Set - Applies the attribute
- Unset - Does not alter the attribute
- Ignore - Does not alter the current setting
- Complete the optional tabs as required:
See Configuring Actions.
- Click OK.
- The action is created in the selected node. When the action is triggered on a user’s endpoint, the attributes defined, are applied to the selected file.
Was this article useful?
Copyright © 2019, Ivanti. All rights reserved.