Add a New Application to a Personalization Group from Automatic Configuration
Environment Manager analyzes the collected data and uses it to create an automatic configuration.
In the automatic configuration, paths are grouped to common parents and paths which are not recommended for inclusion are filtered out.
- In the User Personalization navigation pane select Personalization Groups.
- Select a personalization group.
- Select the Application Personalization tab.
Click New from Data Collection.
The Add Application - Data Collection dialog displays. The dialog lists applications that have been collected by Application Data Collection.
- Select one of the following
radio buttons to target specific application versions:
- Use Major Application Version - Applications are grouped by their major version number. For example, 5.0 and 5.1 are grouped together, but 6.0 is separate.
- Use All Application Versions - Applications are grouped, regardless of their version number. For example, 5.0, 5.1 and 6.0 are grouped together.
- Select an application from the list.
Click View automatic configuration details.
A read-only copy of the configuration displays. From the snapshot taken at each application close, the following statistics are calculated and displayed alongside each registry key or folder path for all users that have run the application:
- Occurrences - The total number of times that the registry path or folder path has been accessed by the application.
- Average Size - The average size of the data in the registry key or folder from each application close. For example, a size of 100 bytes at the first application close and a size of 200 bytes at the second application close displays as an average size of 150 bytes.
- Peak Size - The largest recorded size of the data in the registry key or folder from each application close. For example, a size of 100 bytes at the first application close and a size of 200 bytes at the second application close displays as a peak size of 200 bytes.
The cumulative sizes of the Average Size and Peak Size displays at the bottom of the dialog. This information shows the potential profile size per user if the application is personalized.
Click Done to close the automatic configuration view.
The automatic configuration closes.
Click OK.The Enter Details dialog displays.
- In the Name field, enter a name to uniquely identify the application within the Environment Manager console. Applications must not have the same name as existing applications or Application Groups.
- Applications must be
added to a new or existing Application Group:
- New Application Group - Specify the Application Group name in the Create New Application Group field. The Application Group name is automatically populated from the application name, however it can be changed as required. Application Groups must not have the same name as existing applications or Application Groups.
- Existing Application Group - Select an existing Application Group in the Add to Existing Application Group field.
- Click OK.
The Application Group is added to the Personalization Group.
Was this article useful?
The topic was:
Not what I expected
Copyright © 2018, Ivanti. All rights reserved.