Copy File Action
Copy a file from one location to another when a trigger or condition is satisfied. For example, copy an updated file from the user’s C drive to a network drive at shutdown.
Use the Files to Copy tab to select where to copy the files from and to. The source file can be renamed on copy by adding a new filename and extension to the target path. For example:
|Change the target to||%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\AppSense.aemp|
The source file is copied to the user’s desktop but will be named AppSense.aemp.
If multiple files are added in the Files to Copy tab a separate action is automatically created for each in the work area. Select the Fail if Exists checkbox to stop the action for endpoints where the file already exists.
Create a Copy File Action
- In the Policy Configuration navigation tree, select a node or condition.
- In the Actions ribbon, select File & Folder > Copy File. The Copy File dialog displays showing the Files to Copy tab.
- Click Add.
- In the Source field, use the ellipsis (...) to navigate to the file you want to copy.
In the Target field, navigate to the folder to which the source file will be copied when the action is triggered. If the target path is followed by a backslash, the target folder is created if it does not exist.
The source file can be renamed on copy by adding a new filename with extension to the target path. For example,
- Source - %SystemDrive%\Documents\Work\Today.doc
Target - \\Server01\Update\Archive1.doc
The source file, Today.doc, is copied but renamed to Archive1 in the target folder.
- If required, select the Fail if Exists checkbox. This stops the action for endpoints where the folder already exists at the target.
Repeat steps 3 to 6 to create further actions within the dialog. A separate action is created for each action in the selected node. Highlight an action and click Remove to delete an action from the dialog box.
- Complete the
optional tabs as required.
See also Configuring Actions in the Action Management help.
- Click OK.
- Each action configured in the dialog is created in the selected node.