This page refers to an older version of the product.
View the current version of the User Help.
Folder Redirection Action
Folder redirection allows a user’s personal files and settings to be saved to another location at logon. Folders can be redirected to any available location including a local folder, a network drive or the user’s home drive, which is outside the profile itself. This helps users maintain access to their files and settings when roaming between machines and improves loading times during logon.
In this section:
- Select the Policy Configuration navigation button.
- Create a new node or select and existing node in the User > Logon trigger.
Select File & Folder > Folder Redirection from the Actions ribbon.
The Folder Redirection dialog displays.
- From the Source drop-down, select the folder you want to redirect.
Select the destination for the redirection or use the ellipses (...) to navigate to the required folder.
UNC paths (including mapped drives which point to a network location) are not supported as destinations for the History, Temporary Burn Folder (CD Burning) and Temporary Internet Files (Cache) folders.
- Select the copy method:
- Do Not Copy - Files are not copied from the original folder to the redirected folder.
- Use Folder Redirection Copy - Files are copied from the original folder to the redirected folder using the Windows folder redirection action.
- Use Environment Manager Copy - Files are copied from the original folder to the redirected folder using an Environment Manager Folder Copy action.
- Select the Options
to apply to the redirection:
- Only copy modified files - Copy files that have been modified in the original folder since the previous copy. Available only if Use Environment Manager Copy is selected.
- Do not redirect if copy fails - Do not apply the folder redirection if the copy action fails. Available only if Use Environment Manager Copy is selected.
- Delete contents from original folder after copying - Delete files and subfolders from the original folder after the copy is complete and the redirection is applied. Available only if Use Folder Redirection Copy or Use Environment Manager Copy is selected.
- Only user has permission to access redirected folder - Permissions are set on the redirected folder to allow only the logged on user to access the folder.
- Maintain access permissions to the source folder - Following the redirection, access to the original folder is maintained for the logged on user.
- Make redirected folder available offline - The redirected folder is available if the end point enters an offline state after the redirection.
- Remove the folder redirection at log off or configuration change - The folder redirection is not applied permanently and is removed at user log off or when the configuration changes.
- The Only user has permission to access the redirected folder and Maintain access permissions to the source folder cannot be enabled in the same action.
- Click OK to save the action.
The following folders can be used in the Folder Redirection action and are compatible with the operating systems as shown.
|Documents (My Documents)|
|Music (My Music)|
|Network Shortcuts (NetHood)|
|Pictures (My Pictures)|
|Printer Shortcuts (PrintHood)|
|Recent Items (My Recent Documents)|
|Temporary Burn Folder (CD Burning)|
|Temporary Internet Files (Cache)|
|Videos (My Videos)|