This page refers to an older version of the product.
View the current version of the User Help.
Path Based Configuration of Application Groups
When configuring an application group, a file path to a folder can be specified so that any application run from that location is managed. This means that applications do not need to be individually added to a group if those applications are in the managed folder.
For example, rather than adding each individual Microsoft Office application to a group, you can define the path to the Microsoft Office folder. When Word, Excel and Outlook are opened from this location, they are managed by the Microsoft Office application group.
- In the User Personalization navigation tree, select Personalization Settings > Application Personalization > Application Groups.
- Select an application group.
From the Personalization ribbon, click Add Managed Folder.
The Add Managed Folder dialog displays.
Enter a valid path or browse to the required folder.
Paths must adhere to the following rules:
- Local and mapped drives are supported
- UNC paths are not supported
- For the applications to be personalized, the path must exist on the managed endpoint
- CSIDL paths are supported and are expanded to suit the target operating system
- All paths act as wildcards; an asterisk (*) is not required
- Standard application group rules apply regarding synchronization with the Personalization Server.
- Enter an Operating System. Alternatively, to include all operating systems, use the default regular expression (.*)
Select the Manage all subfolders checkbox as required.
If unchecked, only applications in the top level folder will be managed.
- Click OK to add the folder to the Managed Folders for the personalization group.