Personalization groups enable Environment Manager User Personalization to be configured for multiple users based on common requirements. Membership Rules, based on Environment Manager conditions, define which users are managed by the group. applications, application groups and Windows Settings groups can then be added to determine what is personalized for users in the group.
Settings for application discovery, syncing and caching can also be applied to further control how personalization is managed for the group.
Add a Personalization Group
In the User Personalization navigation pane select Personalization Groups.
The work area displays the name and description of all existing personalization groups which can be accessed by double-clicking.
Click Add Personalization Group from the Personalization ribbon.
A new personalization group is created at the bottom of the list of personalization groups, immediately above the Default Users group.
Add a name for the new group and press Enter.
To rename a personalization group, highlight and click Rename Group from the Personalization ribbon.
If changes are made to personalization group assignment, the affected users should log off and back on to pick up the changes.
Create Group Personalization Membership Rules
- In the User Personalization navigation pane select Personalization Groups.
- Select a personalization group.
- Right-click in the Membership Rules work area and select Add Condition Group from the shortcut menu.
Highlight a condition type; User, Computer or Directory Membership and select a condition.
The available conditions are listed in Personalization Group Conditions. The dialog box for the selected condition displays. The following conditions are available for personalization group membership rules:
Type Condition User User Name
Computer Computer Name
Computer NETBIOS Name
Computer IP Address
Directory Membership User OU Membership
Computer OU Membership
Configure the condition and click OK.
The new condition group displays under Membership Rules. The title of the condition entered into the Description field in the General tab, is the display name for the condition in the Personalization group. If a description is not entered, the condition details form the display name.
- To further define group membership for the Personalization group, add more conditions:
- AND Rule - Right-click on an existing condition, select Insert Condition and configure the condition as required.
- OR Rule - Right-click in the work area and select Add Condition Group and configure the condition as required.
- Condition groups can be edited and deleted by selecting Edit Condition or Delete Condition from the shortcut menu.
User Data Partitioning
Prior to Environment Manager 10.0, user data was tied to a user/Personalization Group. This meant that if a user moved between personalization groups, they would have separate data in each group. In 10.0, this mechanism changed so data is tied to the user only, regardless of which personalization group they match, so users will only have one data profile.