Install Root Certificates on Mac
Both the web browser and the File Director Client use the operating system certificate store. So, if you install the certificate in the operating system using Safari then the File Director client automatically trusts the certificate.
This procedure describes installing the root certificate on a Mac OS X 10.7.3 using Safari 5.1.3.
- Launch Safari and browse to the File Director Website or File Director Admin Console as follows:
- Website: https://<server_address>
- Admin Console: https://<server_address>
- Safari displays a message, “Safari can’t verify the identity of the website”.
- Click Show Certificates.
Select, when using this certificate, Always Trust.
The Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and X.509 Basic Policy trusts update to Always Trust.
- Click Continue.
- Provide your password and click Update Settings.
Safari adds the root certificate to the certificate store and the browser starts trusting the server.
Was this article useful?
Copyright © 2019, Ivanti. All rights reserved.