Roll Out File Director
After configuring File Director, all end users specified in the MS Active Directory below the Base DN have access to the website and can synchronize their home folders using the File Director client. Users now need to know how File Director helps them, where to download the client, the address of the File Director appliance and how to use File Director on their devices.
- Store the client downloads in an accessible location ready for download by users. Consider selecting a location that is accessible from inside and outside the enterprise firewall.
- If you use Ivanti Application Control software consider elevating user rights for the File Director installer.
- Communicate the following suggested details to end-users:
- How and where to download the Windows and Mac clients.
- How to install the Android clients from the Google Play app store (search for Ivanti).
- How to install the iOS client for iPhone and iPad from the iTunes app store (search for Ivanti).
- The server address, username and password to use in the client (their usual username and password from MS Active Directory).
How to visit the appliance website using a secure https connection.
The server address for the client and the website address are the same.
- Links to the File Director Help Center:
- Your support arrangements in case they encounter difficulties.
- Links to the enterprise acceptable usage policy.
- If you are not using a Public CA, the details of the enterprise SSL certificate and instructions.
Install Trusted Certificates on Client Devices
To use an enterprise certification authority (CA), you need to install the enterprise root SSL certificate on each of the client devices. The instructions in this chapter provide information designed to help you install root certificates on Windows, Mac, iOS and Android clients. Network provisioning tools are also available for installing trusted SSL certificates on clients. However, these instructions focus on individual clients.
You only need to add a root certificate to client devices if the enterprise is using a private CA. If you experience difficulties with a certificate issued by a public CA, then review the appliance certificate configuration.
For testing purposes during the evaluation phase of your File Director deployment, to avoid installing the default self-signed certificate on each client device, it is recommended that you request a free time-limited certificate from one of the public CAs.
Was this article useful?
Copyright © 2019, Ivanti. All rights reserved.