File Director security
File Director uses the following methods to ensure that your data is secure:
- The File Director clients check that the server is using a trusted certificate before allowing you to log in.
- File Director encrypts all network communications between your device and the server. Once a file is in the local cache it is not encrypted by File Director but could be encrypted by the native operating system of the device.
- Every file you download on a mobile device is automatically encrypted.
you log out from File Director on a mobile device, all files on that device
are deleted so sensitive data cannot be taken outside the corporate network.
In addition to this, an organization can do the following:
- Stop files being opened in other apps
- Prevent data being copied to apps outside File Director.
- Disable printing
- Settings can be applied to require PIN or password verification on mobile devices when the File Director app launches or after a period of inactivity.