File Director powered by AppSense
Ivanti File Director is the new name for AppSense DataNow
Map Point Policy
Create and maintain policies, platform and file sharing options for map points. A policy can be created to define permissions for users connected to the map point. Further policies can be defined to set different permissions for individual users, Organizational Units (OU) and User Groups.
In the example below, one policy has been created for Admin Users and one for all other users. Admin Users can only connect to the server on verified devices whilst for all other users connected to the map point, all data is read-only. These policies apply concurrently on the map point.
Edit Map Point Access
Select Policy > Map Point Access.
Map Point Access policy settings can also be accessed directly from the link in the corresponding map point connection string configuration - Configuration > Map Points.
- Click Edit.
- Click Add to create the policy you want to define:
- Organizational Units - Find the OU you want to add and click Select.
- User Groups - Find a user group and click Select.
- Individual Users - Find a user and click Add by the users you want to set a policy for.
- Select an OU, User Group, Individual user or select All Users to apply settings to everyone who uses that map point.
- Configure the required settings:
- Force read-only - Users cannot modify or upload File Director files.
- Only allow VERIFIED devices to connect - Only those devices which have been approved by the administrator can connect to the File Director server.
Platform Access - Set which devices users can use to for this Map Point. Platform Access can also be set globally which can conflict the Map Point policy settings as show by the examples in the table below.
Platform Global Map Point Effect Windows On On Users for that Map Point can access the File Director server through Windows. Mac On Off Users for that Map Point cannot access your server on a Mac as the Global setting is overridden. iOS Off Off Users cannot access your server on an iOS device regardless of their Map Point. Android Off On Users cannot access your server on an Android device regardless of their Map Point as the Map Point setting is overridden.
- Link Based Sharing - Select whether the type of access internal and external users can have - either read-only or collaborative. Link based sharing can also be disabled.
- Click Save.
These settings are applied to the users connected to the File Director server who and match the defined criteria.
Was this article useful?
The topic was:
Not what I expected
Copyright © 2017, Ivanti. All rights reserved.