File Director powered by AppSense
Install Root Certificates on Windows
Web browsers and the File Director Client use the operating system certificate store. So, if you install the certificate in the operating system then both the File Director Client and Internet Explorer automatically trust the server certificate.
This procedure describes one method of installing the root certificate using Internet Explorer and Microsoft Management Console on Windows 7.
- In Internet Explorer, browse to the File Director Website or File Director Admin Console as follows:
- Website: https://<server_address>
- Admin Console: https://<server_address>
- The browser displays a security warning.
- Click Continue to the website.
- In the address bar, right-click the certificate and select View Certificates.
- On the certificate dialog, click the Details tab.
- Click Copy to file.
In the wizard, select Base-64 encoded binary X.509 (.CER).
The saved file contains the certificate. You can view the file in a text editor to see the certificate.
The certificate must be installed as a trusted certificate for the computer. To do this, run the Microsoft Management Console (MMC) as administrator and add the Certificates snap-in. If MMC is run as a standard user, trusted certificates can only be added at the user account level.
- Click the Windows Start button.
- In the search box, begin typing mmc.exe, right-click the mmc.exe entry in the search results and select Run as Administrator.
- Select File > Add/Remove Snap-in.
- Select Certificates and click Add.
- In the Certificates snap-in dialog, select Computer account and complete the wizard.
- Click OK.
- In the MMC console, expand Certificates.
- Right-click Trusted Root Certificates and select All Tasks > Import.
- Follow the Certificate Import Wizard to import the certificate.
After installing the certificate, close and reopen Internet Explorer and load the File Director Website or File Director Admin Console. If the certificate installed correctly and is valid, the security warning no longer displays.
Was this article useful?
The topic was:
Not what I expected
Copyright © 2017, Ivanti. All rights reserved.