Deployment Group Computers
The Computers node allows you to manage the list of computers in the current deployment group. Management options allow you to delete computers and monitor alerts, events, User Workspace Manager software agent and configuration packages and computer details.
In this section:
The Computers list displays the computer name, number of active alerts the computer is showing, the period of time since the last poll. A computer is considered offline if the installed Deployment Agent does not poll back within twice its default poll period. A red indicator displays if the computer is offline. The list also displays, a status message and the deployed state of the computer, expressed as a percentage.
The following tabs display at the bottom on the Computers work area:
The Computer details tab displays information about the selected computer, and includes:
•Property – Computer hardware and system properties.
•Value – Computer hardware and system details.
The Alerts tab allows you to monitor alerts for the selected computer, and includes:
•ID – Event for which the alert is generated.
•Rule – Alert rule.
•Computer – Where the alert originated.
•Deployment Group – Deployment group from which the alert originated.
•Last Event – When the alert is raised on the Server.
•Status – Alert status: New, Acknowledged or Resolved.
The Events tab allows you to monitor events on the selected computer, and includes:
•ID – Event number.
•Date/Time – Date and time the event occurred.
•Computer – Where the event occurred.
•User – Who caused the event.
The Packages tab allows you to view packages on the selected computer, and includes:
•Product – The product to which the package belongs.
•Name – Title of the software agent or configuration package on the currently selected computer.
•Installed Version – Number of the current software package version on the selected computer.
•Installation Status – Indicates the progress of the package. Possible states include:
•Status Message – Displays status messages received from the endpoint when a problem occurs during package installation or removal.
The Diagnostics tab provides details of the diagnostics test on the selected computer and the result of each test performed.
•Test – Indicates which test is performed.
•Result – Indicates the current state of the diagnostics taking place on the computer, for example, untested, pending, requested or completed with test passed or test failed.
|Client Access Logs||
You can use Computer Search to locate a specific computer or range of computers in the list of computers that have the Deployment Agent installed. Enter a full string or partial strings in the edit field to match computer names using wildcard characters, including:
- Question mark (?) — Indicates a single character
- Asterisk (*) — Indicates zero or more characters
Computer Search finds computers by deployment group beginning with the (Default) group. The search continues in turn to each group until a match is found. When there are no more matches, a message box notifies you that there are no more results.
Search through results using the Find Next and Find Previous buttons.
- Discover — Click to discover the computers that match membership rules and assign them to deployment groups. If no rules match, the computer is assigned to the (Default) group.
- Add Computers — Click to manually add computers to the list. The Select Computers dialog displays, navigate to select the required computers.
- Install Deployment Agent — Highlight the computers on which you want to install the Deployment Agent then click Install Deployment Agent. The Access Credentials must have been setup before you can install the Deployment Agent.
- Poll Now — Click to immediately poll any endpoints you have selected from within a specific Deployment Group.
- Move — Highlight the computers you want to move then click Move. The Move Computers dialog box displays, select the deployment group to move the computer to.
- Delete — Highlight the computers you want to delete then click Delete to remove the selected computers.
Deleted computers remain listed in this group until all software packages have been removed with Pending delete status displayed next to the computer name in the overview panel.
Agents and packages are deleted as follows:
- Deployment Agent — The Deployment Agent uninstalls after product agents have uninstalled, according to the Installation Schedule.
Product Agents and Configurations — User Workspace Manager product agents and configurations uninstall according to the Installation Schedule.
When the Agent Schedule is disabled the Configuration Schedule is ignored and therefore no agent or configuration packages uninstall.
- Delete All — Deletes all computers in the group. Deleted computers are moved to the (Default) group to await the uninstall process to remove software packages.
Unregister— Unregisters the selected, deleted computer from Management Server.
If you select this option before the packages and agents have successfully been deleted from this computer, the Deployment Agent re-registers the computer again on the next poll period.
- Restore — Restores a computer set to Delete or Unregister.
- Show Event Details — Launches the Event Details dialog for viewing information about the selected event.
- Request Diagnostics — Starts a diagnostics check on selected computers to test connectivity with the main Management Server and any failover servers for which Run Diagnostics is selected in the Failover Servers node.
- Clear Filter — Clears any filters that have been applied to the display. To apply a filter right-click on the column you want to filter and select Filter Editor. The Filter Editor is used to filter the list based on the entered criteria.
The manually added node displays computers that have been manually added to the Deployment Group, and not discovered and placed in a group by use of Membership Rules. Membership Rules can be overridden by manually adding a computer.
Manually Add a Computer
- Select the Home navigation button.
- Navigate to a deployment group and select Computers.
Select Add Computers from the Actions panel.
The Select Computers dialog displays.
Select the required computers and click OK.
If the selected computer is currently registered in another deployment group, you are given the option to move the computer.
Click Yes to move the computer.
The added computer displays in the Computers work area for the deployment group.
A Manually Added sub node appears in the deployment group Computers node and also in the All Computers node. All manually added computer names are listed.
Remove the Manually Added Status
The Manually Added list is for reference and computers can be removed from it at any point.
- Navigate to a deployment group and select Computers > Manually Added.
Select the computers from which you want to remove the manually added status and from the Actions panel select Remove.
A message displays informing you that the expected groups for the selected computers will revert to the groups determined by membership rules and that managed computers will not change groups until they are moved.
To move a computer you can follow one of these processes:
- Select the Computers node for the required deployment group and click Move from the Actions panel.
- Select the Computers > Misgrouped node for the deployment group and click Regroup from the Actions panel - the computers are automatically re-assigned to the deployment groups based on the Membership Rules and Manually Added status.
Click OK to confirm the removal.
If the removed computer has not been moved to a deployment group it may be listed in the Misgrouped node. This happens if there's a membership rule that puts the computers in a different group.
The Misgrouped node is added to a group and the All Computers node when:
- A computer has been manually added to a group, but the computer subsequently registers with a different group because that's the group it had been in.
- A computer has been added to Active Directory which puts the computer in a certain group, but the computer subsequently registers with a different group because that's the group it had been.
- A computer is moved to a different Active Directory group, which puts the computer in a different deployment group.
- A computer has been deleted from the Manually Added node and Membership Rules puts the computer in a different group.
The Misgrouped node is added to the Computers node for the deployment group and the All Computers node.
You have the option to remove the computers from the misgrouped list using one of the following methods:
- Move - manually select which deployment group to place the computers.
- Regroup - automatically place the computers in the deployment group as defined by the Membership Rules and Manually Added List.
Moving computers to another deployment
group can cause User Workspace Manager configurations and agents to be installed or
uninstalled when the Deployment Agent next polls. Agents are installed
according to the installation schedule of the target deployment group.
Installation Schedules are set up in the deployment group Settings > Installation tab.
If there are no misgrouped computers the Misgrouped node does not display in the navigation tree.
Was this article useful?
The topic was:
Not what I expected
Copyright © 2017, Ivanti. All rights reserved.