This section provides procedures for troubleshooting issues you may encounter with your Management Center implementation.
In this section:
When a computer hosting the Deployment Agent fails to connect to the Management Server, check the Windows Application Event Log for event 9750 which indicates if there has been a connection failure with the Management Server.
A connection failure can occur for the following reasons and you are recommended to check these items and take the recommended actions:
- Incorrect URL
- SSL State change to the Management Server
Use the Install Deployment Agent functionality within the console to connect and repair or modify the server URL for the Deployment Agent on managed computers to point to the Management Server, ensuring that the URL path uses the correct HTTP or HTTPS prefix and port number.
For more information about using the Install Deployment Agent functionality, see Installing the Deployment Agent.
- If you enable SSL after the Management Server is installed and setup without SSL, manage the changeover using the Failover Servers list in the Management Center. Provide the new SSL secured failover server at the top of the list while retaining the old server until all Deployment Agents have registered with the Management Server using the new SSL secure server.
Deployment Agent diagnostics errors can occur when the system is incorrectly configured. Use the Management Server Configuration Portal to check for variances to repair: Start > All Programs > Ivanti > Management Center.
If no variances are detected, but the diagnostics test reports errors downloading packages or uploading events, check also that the Background Intelligent Transfer Service in the Windows service control panel is running on the Deployment Agent controlled machine and restart the service, as follows:
- Select Start > All Programs > Administrative Tools > Services.
- In the right-hand pane of the Services dialog box, locate and double-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service in the Name column.
Select the General tab of the Background Intelligent Transfer Service Properties dialog and ensure that:
- The Startup type is set to Automatic.
- The service is running. Start the service if necessary.
- Click OK to close the Background Intelligent Transfer Service Properties dialog box.
- In the right-hand pane of the Services dialog, locate and right-click the Client Communication Agent.
- Select Restart in the pop-up menu and rerun diagnostics.
Diagnostic failures are highlighted in red in the console. For example, the deployment group node and a corresponding problematic computer.
Was this article useful?
Copyright © 2019, Ivanti. All rights reserved.