In Cherwell Asset Management, the term "idle time"’ refers to the period of time that an application is running, but not in use, on a machine. An application is considered to be not in use when its window does have not focus.
- Once a user switches the window focus to an application and that focus is maintained for 30 seconds, the application is no longer considered idle.
- Idle time settings only apply to machines that are connected to a CAM Access Point.
- Idle time is reported for all metered applications, even if no control profile is used.
- You can view information on idle time in your environment in some reports.
- If an application that doesn't have focus is metered, activity log reports in Reporting will show the entire launch as being idle.