Change Authentication Dialog Box
The authentication method used at your site can be changed via this dialog box.
This topic applies to on-premises installations.
Prerequisite: Before proceeding, read Authentication and Authorization for an explanation of these concepts and the effects of changing your site's authentication. Also, review Checklist for Using CSM Authentication and How to Change the Authentication Method for the complete procedures to follow.
One common scenario for changing the authentication method is after you've evaluated Cherwell Asset Management in an on-premises installation, and want to integrate your solution with Cherwell Service Management.
To change the authentication method used at your site:
- Select one of the following authentication methods:
- CAM authentication: You use user policies and access profiles to control access to Cherwell Asset Management.
- CSM authentication: With this method, access
is managed in Cherwell Service Management. Enter the following:
- API URL: This is usually http://<csm-machine-name>.
- API key: You should have already generated this key when you set up CSM security groups.
- User name and password: The credentials for the CSDAdmin user.
- After making any changes, select
OK. If your credentials are validated, you are
prompted to restart
CAM Administrator for your changes to take effect. Click
OK in that dialog box to shut down
CAM Administrator, and then do the following:
- Restart CAM Administrator.
- If you changed to CSM authentication, select Tools > Synchronize with CSM.
- Click Synchronize. The synchronization process may take a few moments to complete.
- Direct any other users to log out of all Cherwell Asset Management applications, and then log back in. That way, their sessions will use the new authentication settings.