Concurrent License Allocations Dialog Box
Concurrently licensed applications are distributed across groups of machines. You can specify new allocations here.
for example, if you purchase 50 licenses of an accounting application, you may want to allocate 45 licenses to the accounting group and the remaining 5 licenses to the executive group. How license allocation is used depends on the license type.
- Concurrently licensed applications: allocation can control who is allowed to run the application based on license availability
- Non-concurrent applications: use group assignments in Purchasing to assign licenses to specific groups
Before you can allocate licenses, you must first add purchase information either via the License Unit Properties Purchasing tab, or via the CAM Purchasing application. You can also use Purchasing to allocate license units.
To modify license allocations:
- To allocate licenses, select Add and specify how many licenses to allocate to which groups.
- To change your license allocation settings, select a group from the list and select Change.
- To remove a license allocation setting, select a group from the list and select Remove. That number of licenses is now freed up to allocate to other groups.
- Use the arrow buttons to move groups up and down the list. Groups that appear first in the list have top priority, and so on.
- Licenses left unallocated are implicitly in the "default" allocation group. Any licenses in the default group are available to be checked out by anyone authorized to run the application.