Configure Network Device Discovery Dialog Box
You can configure network device discovery and view existing discovery configurations.
Prerequisite: You need to configure discovery for at least one machine before you can launch the discovery process.
To configure a network discovery configuration:
- Click Add.
- Select one of the following:
- IP Address Range: Use when you have a range of IP addresses to query for network devices.
- Subnet: Use to query a specific subnet on your network.
- Device: Use to discover IPv6 devices, or in cases where you know the host name or IP address of a device(s) you want to discover.
- Click OK.
Existing network device discovery configurations are shown in the box. Check the checkbox next to the configurations you want to run. The following information is shown for each configuration:
- Configuration type (Range, Subnet, or Machine)
- SNMP version
- Notes (any additional information entered)
- CAM Administration Service machine that ran the discovery process
- Last time discovery ran
- Last results
To change or remove existing configurations:
- Select one or more existing configurations. Use the Check All or Uncheck All buttons to select or clear all configurations at one time.
- Select Change to modify a configuration or Remove to delete one or more configurations.