Inventory Extensions Dialog Box
.exe and .com files are always inventoried; you can also collect inventory information on other types of files.
To add, change, or remove files from inventory:
- To add a file extension, select Add and enter the extension.
- To change inventoried file extensions, select an item in the list and select Change.
- To remove an extension, select it and select Remove.
The list in this dialog box includes the following columns:
- Extension: File extensions to include when inventorying machines.
- Runnable: Whether files with this extension
start an application.
You can only configure files that are runnable into license units.
Information on files with extensions you specify here will not appear in the Files panel unless you search for them, but they will appear in some reports.