How to Collect Inventory Data from Mac OS Machines
The most common way to collect inventory data from Mac OS machines is to use Linux/Unix/Mac OS discovery, which does not require the use of an agent. These machines are inventoried upon discovery.
You can still collect inventory data from machines with earlier versions of Mac OS that are not supported by Linux/Unix/Mac OS Discovery. Use the appropriate remote agent package to collect the data, then import that data into CAM Administrator.
To collect and import data:
- From CAM Administrator Machine menu, select Remote Inventory > Prepare Agent. Note the location of the Mac OS remote agent package.
- Copy the contents of that folder to a USB drive or other portable media that you can use on Mac OS machines, or to a shared drive.
- Copy the folder from the portable media or shared drive to the Mac OS machine, then run the Inventory Mac.app file on the machine.
- From CAM Administrator Machine menu, select Remote Inventory > Import.
- Browse to the location of the .xml files on the portable media or shared drive and select Import.