How to Configure Alerts
Alerts allow you to be promptly notified when an event occurs that requires attention.
To configure alerts:
- Open the Alerts tab of the Options dialog box by doing one of the
- From the Status panel, select the Alerts link in the CAM Access Points section.
- Select , then select the Alerts tab.
- Select the Send email alerts check box if it isn't already checked.
- In the Send alert to box, specify the email address where you want to send alerts. The email address should be one that is checked frequently.
- In the From address box, specify the email address where the alert originates, and to which recipients of the alert can respond.
- In the
SMTP server box, specify a valid SMTP Server
address for outgoing messages.
If your email service provider requires additional information, select More Settings to open the More Email Settings dialog box.
- Make sure the check boxes next to all the access points you use are selected.
- Select Test or OK. If you select Test, you'll receive a test message at the email address you specify. You can delete the test message.