How to Inventory Files with Specific Extensions
To include Windows files with extensions other than .exe and .com (which are always inventoried) in inventory scans, do the following:
- From the Machine menu, select Agent Options.
- In the Inventory tab, select the Extensions button.
- In the Inventory Extensions dialog box, select the Add button.
- In the Add Extension dialog box, type the extension you want inventoried. (You don't need to type the preceding period.) Also mark the This extension is runnable check box if files with this extension start applications.
- Click OK, and then select OK twice more to exit all the dialog boxes.