License Units Panel
The License Units panel lists all configured license units, and you can complete various tasks from here.
To search for license units:
- Select the License Units group folder on the left to search, then
enter text in the box.
- or -
- Press Ctrl+F from anywhere in the License Units panel to start typing in the search box.
- If you don't see the expected results, verify that the correct license unit group is selected in the left pane.
- Select the topmost group, License Units, to search all license units.
To clear the results, do one of the following:
- Select X.
- Search for an empty string.
- Select a different group.
License Unit Groups
Configured license units are grouped into the following categories:
- By platform: License units grouped by the operating system they run on: Linux, Mac OS, Unix, Windows, and Multiple (for license units that have applications found on more than one platform).
- By manufacturer: All known manufacturers, along with the license units associated with them.
- By license type: All license units, organized by license type, such as concurrent, freeware, per core, etc.
- By category group: All predefined software category groups (indicated with folder icons) and software categories within those groups (indicated with gray icons). Icons that also show a "person" icon indicate that the category group or category was created by a user.
- By purchase required: All license units, organized by value for the Purchase required setting: Yes, No, and Unknown.
- Full list: All known license units.
- Deleted license units: Any license units you've deleted.
- Any license unit groups you've created.
The larger pane on the right lists all the license units that fall under the currently selected folder. You can customize which of the following columns are visible by right-clicking a column header.
Right-click one or more license units to open a context-sensitive menu. From here, you can add an application or suite to the license unit, enable metering, specify the type of licensing agreement, or view license unit properties.