How to Enable Administrator User Policies
This topic applies to: Sites that use CAM authentication
To set up multiple administrators, use the Administrator user policies feature. First you enable the feature and then you add users and give them all or specific permissions to use CAM Administrator.
To set up Administrator user polices:
From the Tools menu, point to User Policies and Authentication, and then select Administrator.
In the Administrator User Policies dialog box, mark the Enable Administrator user policies check box.
- If you are prompted to confirm this action, select OK.
- Note that only users who have attempted to launch
Administrator are listed. If the user you want to apply the user policy to
is listed, do the following and then skip to step 6:
- Select that user and select Change to open the Change Administrator User Policy dialog box.
- Specify whether to give this user CAM System Administrator privileges, User privileges to the areas you mark (Configure and manage software characteristics; Configure managed computers and users; or Configure hardware assets other than computers), or whether this user is not authorized to run CAM Administrator at all.
- If the user is not listed, select the Add button to open the Add
Administrator User Policy dialog box.
- Type in the user's name and domain, or select Browse to open a dialog box where you can search for the user. (Tip: If you cannot find the user you need, cancel out of this dialog box and the preceding two dialog boxes, and then run discovery again. After discovery completes, check the Users panel to see if the user is now listed. The Browse for User dialog box can only list users that appear in the Users panel.)
- Specify whether to give this user CAM System Administrator privileges, User privileges to the areas you mark, or whether this user is not authorized to run CAM Administrator at all.
- Click OK.
- Back in the Administrator User Policies dialog box, note that the user is listed in the box, with the new permissions. Click OK to exit the dialog box and save your changes.
- Restart CAM Administrator for the changes to take effect.