Product Use Rights
Commercial software products are generally sold to be used in accordance with terms and conditions established by the software publisher. License Analytics refers to these terms as "product use rights."
The product use rights analyzed by License Analytics include the following:
- Physical installation: Installing and running copies of a product on a hardware device (computer).
- Virtual installation: Installing and running copies of a product on a virtual machine.
- Hardware platform: Using a product on a computer with some number of cores or processors.
- Upgrade rights: Purchasing the rights to an earlier version of a product, while installing and using a later version.
- Downgrade rights: Purchasing the rights to a later version of a product, while installing and using an earlier version.