Use this panel to create, edit, and view purchasing documents (files associated with purchasing orders).
Layout of the Documents Panel
The layout of the Documents panel includes a list of categories in the left pane and a toolbar at the top right (visible when a category on the left is selected). The right pane, the largest area of the panel, is where you can view and modify documents. The right pane changes according to whatever you select in the left pane, and Purchasing "remembers" where you were last in your current browser session.
The Document panel's toolbar includes the following buttons:
- Upload Document: Click to upload a document.
Once uploaded, you can associate (reference) an order with a document.
Due to browser security issues, it's best to use uploaded documents rather than linked documents.
- Add Linked Document: Click to link a document that you can reference in an order. With linked documents, the file itself is not loaded, and its location is static.
- Search: Click to search for documents. The toolbar expands to include a line where you enter your search criteria.
- Refresh: Click to refresh the contents of the right pane.
- Export to Excel: Click to export the contents of the right pane to an Excel spreadsheet. You'll be prompted to open the results or save them to a file in the path you choose.
The left pane includes the following categories for specific tasks:
- Information: Provides an overview of how documents work, including a description of document types and how to upload existing linked documents.
- All Documents: Lists all uploaded and linked documents, broken into categories to show which documents are referenced by orders and which are not.
The right pane updates with your selection in the left pane, showing the records that pertain to your selection on the left, as described above. Use the Edit hyperlink to edit a document's description, its path (for linked documents only), the Reference hyperlink to change which orders or contracts reference the document, and the Delete hyperlink to remove the document.