How to Add an Asset to the CAM Database
To Add an Asset from Purchasing:
- From the CAM Purchasing console, select Line Items.
- Under All Items in the left pane, select Hardware.
- Select Assign next to the chosen asset in the list.
- Select Add Assignment to add a new assignment, or Edit to update an existing assignment.
- Enter the serial number for the asset, and (optional) the machine or user and group to which to assign the asset.
- Select Save.
The asset is created in the CAM database with the name, type, and manufacturer specified in the line item name, and the serial number specified in the Search for field.