How to Create Custom Line Item Fields
To create a custom line item field:
- From the CAM Purchasing console, select Preferences.
- Select Line Item under the Custom Fields category in the left pane. The right pane changes to list any existing custom line item fields.
- Click Add Custom Line Item Field.
- Required: Enter the name and description for the new field.
- Required: In the Type box, select what type of field to create.
If you want to create a List field type, enter list values in the box that opens.
- Optional: Mark the Required box if you want to require users to complete the field before they can proceed.
- Click Save.
The field you just added now appears in the list, where you can edit or delete it. The custom field will also appear on the screen where you enter line items.