How to Migrate Line Items to Core-based Licensing
If your Status panel in the CAM Purchasing Purchasing console to-do list includes a yellow Migrate section, at least one contract covers software line items that are reconciled to certain versions of Windows Server that require core-based (rather than processor-based) licensing. In order to get meaningful results in License Analytics and prevent exceptions, we recommend migrating the line items to use core-based licensing.
To migrate software line items to use core-based licensing:
- From the Status panel's yellow Migrate section, select the first link in your list.
- In the right pane of the Migrate Contracts section, select the Migrate link associated with a contract.
- In the window that opens, note the original and new quantity and unit
price for each item. You can then do either of the following:
- Click an order number hyperlink to edit the order and line item
- or -
- Select one or more line items, then select one of the following
Purchasing update the items for you:
- Migrate selected items with new quantity and unit price
- Migrate selected items with original quantity and unit price
- Click an order number hyperlink to edit the order and line item yourself
- Repeat these steps for any items still need to be migrated, then select Close.