How to Renew a Contract
Renewing a contract adds new information to the existing contract. By default, entering a new contract end date here replaces the existing contract end date.
To renew an existing contract:
- If the Renew Contract window is already open, skip to step 3. Otherwise, From the CAM Purchasing console, select Contracts.
- Click Expiring in the left pane.
- From the list that opens on the right, select Renew next to the contract you want.
- In the window that opens below, enter the Renewal Date and Renewal Description. Both of these fields are required and can help you identify the contract renewal later.
- In the Contract End Date section, note that the previous end date (which is past or nearing expiration) is already completed with the date you entered when you added the contract. In the New field, enter the date that the renewed contract expires.
- When you enter a new contract end date, the Update contract end date option becomes available and is checked by default. In most cases, you should leave this box checked; it will replace the previous end date as listed in the Contracts panel.
- Optional: Enter any additional information you want to add, such as an order number, invoice number, price, and notes.
- Click Save.
The Contracts panel updates with the new contract end date and the contract no longer falls under the Expiring category.