The Setup Wizard performs various tasks to help you get started using Cherwell Asset Management. It starts automatically the first time you run CAM Administrator. You can also run it at any time from the Help menu.
Once the Setup Wizard starts, simply follow the on-screen instructions.
The Setup Wizard does the following:
- Ensures that the Cherwell Software Identification Database (CSID) is up to date
- Discovers managed computers and users on your domain
- Installs the CAM Agent to your local machine, and then performs a hardware and software inventory on it
- Checks that the CAM Access Point is up and running
- Automatically identifies applications and configures Windows applications into license units
- Provides instructions for viewing inventory and usage data in a variety of reports
Notes for Proxy Servers
- If the CAM Administrator machine uses a proxy server, you won't be able to use the Setup Wizard to install the CAM Agent on the machine. Instead, you'll need to first install the CAM Agent from CAM Administrator so that you can specify the proxy server settings, and then you can use the Setup Wizard to run other tasks like collecting inventory, configuring license units, and so on.
- If you experience issues updating the CSID, see Troubleshooting Proxy Server Settings.
CAM Agent Installation Issues
If you have any issues installing the CAM Agent, see Machine Installation Help.