Resize Forms Using Splitters
In the Browser Client and Portal, Forms contain splitters that help users resize the Form Arrangement using both horizontal and vertical splitters.
Good to know:
- In an open record, the horizontal splitter above the Form Arrangement (child object tabs) adjusts the overall height of the Form Arrangement. The vertical splitter in the middle of the Form Arrangement adjusts the overall width of the Form Arrangement if the tab features more than one section.
- Adjust the Form Arrangement by clicking anywhere on the splitters except for the Show/Hide Form Arrangement arrows and the Show/Hide Child Object Details arrows.
- The splitter location defaults to the setting for that form, as defined in the Business Object Form Arrangement Editor. After adjusting the splitter location, the new location will be saved and used for that Business Object until the browser tab or window closes. After opening the site and logging in again, the splitter location will default back to the placement settings for the form for that Business Object. This setting does not persist across browsers.
There are several buttons and icons featured in the form splitters.
|Show or Hide Form Arrangement||Shows a currently hidden Form Arrangement or hides a currently visible Form Arrangement.|
|Separators||Indicates that the splitter bars can be dragged-and-dropped where needed.|
|Show or Hide Child Object Details||Shows the child object, including details or additional forms, or hides the child object details or additional forms so only the child object Grid is visible.|
To show or hide the Form Arrangement:
- Click the Show Form Arrangement arrows to show a currently hidden Form Arrangement.
To expand the Form Arrangement so that it fills the full area of the record, click the Show Form Arrangement arrows a second time.
- Click the Hide Form Arrangement arrows to hide a currently displayed Form Arrangement.
To hide the Form Arrangement after expanding it to fill the entire area of the record, click the Hide Form Arrangement arrows twice: once to return the Form Arrangement to its original size, and then again to hide it completely.
To adjust the overall height of the Form Arrangement:
- Click and hold the horizontal splitter above the Form Arrangement and then move the horizontal splitter up or down until the Form Arrangement is the desired height.
To show or hide a child object's details or additional forms:
- Click the Show Child Object Details arrows to show both the child object (example: Task) and its additional details or forms (example: Task form).
To expand the child object's additional details or forms on the right-hand side of the Form Arrangement space, click the Show Child Object Details arrows a second time.
- Click the Hide Child Object Details arrows to hide the additional details or forms.
To hide the additional details or forms after expanding them to fill the entire area of the Form Arrangement, click the Hide Child Object Details arrows twice: once to return it to its original size, and then again to hide it completely and only display the child object's Grid.
To adjust the overall width of the child objects and their details or additional forms:
- Click and hold the vertical splitter in the middle of the Form Arrangement and then move the vertical splitter left or right until the child object and its details are the desired width.