Implement the Supplied Service Catalog (Create a New Service Catalog Widget)
Create a new widget to implement the supplied Service Catalog.
To create a new Service Catalog using the Cards with Search style introduced in the CSM 9.2.0 supplied Service Catalog:
Create a New Service Catalog Widget:
- In CSM Administrator, create a new Blueprint.
- Open the Widget Manager and create a new Action Catalog widget.
- Select the Display page, and then select Cards with Search or Cards with Search v2 from the Style drop-down menu.
The image on each parent-level card shows either custom images or pre-CSM 9.2.0 supplied images.
- Select the Groups page, and then select Display Options for the top-level group.
- Select the Show image next to each item check box.
- Select the Field with Image option, and then select Linked Image from the drop-down menu.
- Finish any necessary fields to complete the Service Catalog widget.
Map Description Fields
The Incident Category and Incident Subcategory lookup tables also need a description field to take advantage of the Cards with Search style. The title and description text in each parent-level card are mapped to the description fields in the Service Major Business Object. The child-level cards are mapped to description fields in the Incident Category and Incident Subcategory Lookup tables.
If your database does not have a description field in those Lookup tables, follow these steps:
- Add description fields to the Incident Category and Incident Subcategory Lookup tables.
- Add the description field to the associated forms.
Add the New Widget to the Portal Menu:
- Open the Site Manager.
- Right-click the portal site you want to add the new Service Catalog widget to and select Edit.
- Select the Menu page, and then select the Add action down arrow.
- Select Add Action Catalog action.
The Widget Manager opens.
- Select the new widget.