Installing Cherwell HR Case Management
CSM provides Cherwell HR Case Management as a mergeable application (mApp) so that Users can easily incorporate HR Case functionality into their existing CSM system. Download the mApp Solution from the Cherwell mApp Exchange. Use the Apply mApp Wizard to apply the mApp Solution to your CSM system, where the mApp Solution can be viewed and published. After evaluating and testing the mApp Solution against the development system, apply it to your production environment.
The Cherwell HR Case Management download includes the following items:
- HR Case Management.mApp
- HR Case Management Category Data.mApp
- HR EE Admin Email Monitor.ced
- HRSM Corporate Portal. mApp
- HR Case Management Portal.mApp
To apply the mApp Solution, perform the following high-level steps:
- Review the recommendations and considerations for applying mApp Solutions. For more information, see Considerations for Applying mApp Solutions.
- Extract the mApp Solution .zip file to a location that can be accessed by CSM.
- Before applying the mApp Solution, decide if the Internal Customer form should be overwritten to display the Country Code, or if that modification will be made manually via a Blueprint. The Apply mApp Wizard will prompt with a choice.
- Before applying the mApp Solution, decide if the Knowledge Article form should be overwritten to include optional configuration to allow the categorization of HR Knowledge Articles. Otherwise, if that functionality is desired the modifications will be made manually via a blueprint. The mApp wizard will prompt with a choice.
- In CSM Administrator, use the Apply mApp Wizard to apply the mApp Solution. For more information, see Apply a mApp Solution. Select the topic that matches your version of CSM.
- In CSM versions 9.2 or greater, when publishing the mApp Solution Blueprint, be sure to check Update validation foreign keys in the Publish Options dialog.
- Apply the HR Case Category Data.mApp in order to populate the Case Subcategory table with sample values.