Service Catalog Templates
The Service Catalog Template Business Object (SCT) is a component of the OOTB CSM installation. This functionality is used throughout the Cherwell HR Case Management to provide deliverables for the fulfillment of position-related activities. The appropriate SCT is identified and applied based on values in the HR Position record.
SCTs are comprised of related Work Units. Customers access SCTs from the Service Catalog in the Customer Portal. When an SCT is selected, a Service Request is created and the associated Work Units transform into Tasks, which are required to close the Service Request. This allows you easily manage the Tasks required to fulfill common Service Requests.
The following examples highlight the differences between the SCTs based on different types of jobs and candidates.
SCT for Existing Position
In this example, a position was vacated.
- Title of the specific SCT: this example identifies this SCT as associated with the equipment requests.
- Categorization carried into the Service Request: the structures are unique for this mApp and not part of the OOTB categorization.
- Work Units - identifies tasks for this SCT.
SCT for New Position
In this example, a position is new to the organization, so equipment may be needed.
- Work Units for new equipment, space setup, and a mobile phone.
SCT for Existing Employee
This scenario requires a review of existing accesses and tasks for new accesses.
- Work Units for a review of badge access and the addition of sales-specific applications (SAP and SalesForce).
A task requesting a review of existing accesses (Application tab in the Customer record) will automatically be added to the Service Request.
SCT for New Employee
This scenario initiates new access tasks.
- Work Units for all accesses for a new employee based on role.
SCT for Off-boarding
This scenario initiates a default set of tasks. The initiation of this SCT is generated from a One-Step™ Action that creates an HR Case ticket as well. Additional tasks are created for each access in the Customer record (Application tab) and equipment (CIs tab).
- Work Units requesting that key accesses be disabled.
Service Request and Customer Record views: Additional tasks for each access and CI associated with the employee.