Create a Corrective or Preventative Action
Create a Corrective or Preventative Action manually or from a Security Event, Security Incident, Audit, or Risk Assessment.
To create a Corrective or Preventative Action:
- Select the Create a Corrective Action or Create a Preventative Action link from the Actions list of an active Security Event, Audit, or Risk Assessment form.
- Provide a description and details.
Examples include: A noncompliance was discovered while conducting a Risk Assessment on the Sales team's laptops; and, additional security training should be provided to the Sales team, and the noncompliance should be removed from all laptops.
- The Source and Type fields automatically populate.
- Select the asset and priority.
The asset is the Configuration Item that is the focus of the action (optional).
- Select a projected start and end date.
- Select the assigned team and owner.
The Assigned To options are driven by the Assigned Team selection.
- Select the business owned by team and business owner.
The Business Owner options are driven by the Business Owned By Team selection.
After owners have been assigned, select the Next: Assigned link (under Status) to move the Corrective or Preventative Action to the Assigned phase.