Manually Create a Security Event
Manually create a Security Event to track and manage security-specific events.
To manually create a Security Event:
- CSM Desktop Client or Browser Client toolbar, select New > New Event > New Event - Security.
- Provide a name (optional) and details of the event (example: Laptop stolen; Laptop stolen from rental car).
- Select an event type (example: Loss or Theft of Equipment).
The type displays on the top of the form.
- Select a priority and event severity.
- Select a reported date time and who reported the event (optional).
- Select a source and external source ID (optional).
- The Assigned Team field is auto populated.
- Assign an owner (Assigned To field).
When an owner is selected, the Security Event automatically enters the In Progress phase.
- A Runbook will be populated if there is one associated to the selected type.
- Enter a Config Item if it is not automatically populated from an integration source.
If there is an active Risk Assessment associated with the Config Item, the Mitigated CI Risk field will also be populated.
- Enter a supporting service, if known. The Mitigated Service Risk field will be populated if there is an active Risk Assessment for the supporting service.
- (Optional) Add notes to the Event Response Notes field.
These fields are audited; Journal entries track modifications.
- (Optional) Select a cause code and add resolution details.
- (Optional) Initiate other Actions using the appropriate links in the Actions list, in response to a new Security Event.