Managed Service Provider mApp Solution 1.0
Cherwell Managed Service Provider (MSP) mApp® Solution provides a solution for an MSP organization to extend the service management and business processes supported within the CSM platform to multiple contracted companies.
A Managed Service Provider (MSP) is a third-party company that delivers services (example: Application, infrastructure, and security) through ongoing, regular support and active administration on customers’ premises, in their MSP’s data center (hosting), or on a third-party data center.
The MSP mApp Solution enables people from multiple companies to be included as self-service customers, organized within their companies, and receive services based on the service contracts with the MSP.
Platform version requirements: Tested on CSM 9.7.0 — 10.2.0.
Content version requirements: Tested on CSM 9.7.0 — 10.2.0; this mApp Solution may or may not be compatible on content versions earlier than 9.7.x, but as with all mApp Solutions, be sure to test it on your customized system.
Apply the mApp Solution
Follow these steps to download, apply, and configure the mApp Solution:
- Review the recommendations and considerations for applying mApp Solutions. For more information, see Considerations for Applying mApp Solutions.
- Extract the mApp Solution .zip file to a location that can be accessed by CSM.
- In CSM Administrator, use the Apply mApp Wizard to apply the mApp Solution. For more information, see Apply a mApp Solution. Select the topic that matches your version of CSM.
Good to Know
- In certain areas, functionality is not guaranteed unless you use the CSM Desktop Client.
- In OOTB content versions 10.0.x, 10.1.x, and 10.2.0, the Related Item Navigation feature is enabled for the Incident and Problem Business Objects. If your MSP mApp Solution was created on a content version earlier than 10.0.0, and it overwrites or merges with Incident or Problem, review the Related Item Navigation within these Business Objects before you publish the mApp Solution Blueprint. Verify that you need all items within the Related Item Navigation and remove any tabs that are not for reference purposes. Thoroughly test functionality, especially in the CSM Browser Client.
|mApp Version||Platform Version Requirements||Content Version Requirements||Prerequisites|
|1.0||Tested on 9.7.0 — 10.2.0.||Tested on 9.7.0 — 10.2.0; this mApp Solution may or may not be compatible on content versions earlier than 9.7.x, but as with all mApp Solutions, be sure to test it on your customized system.||None.|