Create a Corrective or Preventative Action
Create a Corrective or Preventative Action manually or from an Audit or Risk Assessment.
Use one of these two methods to create a Corrective or Preventative Action:
- On the CSM Desktop Client or the CSM Browser Client toolbar, select New > New GRC Compliance.
- Select the Create a Corrective Action or Create a Preventative Action link from the Actions list of an active Audit or Risk Assessment form.
- Provide a name and select a type.
If you created the compliance from a link, the Type field autopopulates.
- Select a priority and details.
Examples of details include:
- A noncompliance was discovered while conducting a Risk Assessment on the Sales team's laptops.
- Additional security training should be provided to the Sales team, and the noncompliance should be removed from all laptops.
- Select the assigned team and owner.
The Assigned To options are driven by the Assigned Team selection.
If you created the compliance from a link, these fields are autopopulated.
- Select a primary config item.
- Select a projected start and end date.
- Select the business owned by team and business owner.
The Business Owner options are driven by the Business Owned By Team selection.
After owners have been assigned, select the Next: Assigned link (under Status) to move the Corrective or Preventative Action to the Assigned phase.