Manually Create a Security Event
Manually create a Security Event to track and manage security-specific events.
To manually create a Security Event:
- CSM Desktop Client or Browser Client toolbar, select New > New Event > New Event - Security.
- Provide a name (optional) and details of the event (example: Laptop stolen; Laptop stolen from rental car).
- Select an event type (example: Loss or Theft of Equipment).
The type displays on the top of the form.
- Select a priority and event severity.
- Select a reported date time and (optional) who reported the event.
- Select a source and (optional) external source ID.
- (Optional) Assign a team and owner.
- (Optional) Add response notes.
These fields are audited; Journal entries track modifications.
- (Optional) Select a cause code and add resolution details.
- (Optional) Initiate other Actions using the appropriate links in the Actions list, in response to a new Security Event.