Create a Network Event to track and manage network-specific events.
Network Events are generally opened via automation but can also be opened manually.
To manually create a Network Event:
- CSM Desktop Client or Browser Client toolbar, select New > New Event > New Event - Network.
- Provide a name and details of the event (optional).
- (Optional) Select an event type and service.
The type displays on the top of the form.
- Select a priority and event severity.
- Select a reported date time and who reported the event (optional).
The Reported Date Time field autopopulates with the date and time you created the event, but you can change it.
- Select a source and external source ID (optional).
- (Optional) Select the assigned team and owner. You can also select the Assign to Me link in the Actions list.
- (Optional) Add notes to the Response Notes field.
These fields are audited; Journal entries track modifications.
- (Optional) Select a cause code and add resolution details.
- (Optional) Initiate other Actions using the appropriate links in the Actions list, in response to a new Network Event.
- Select Save.