Items to Consider Before You Configure Ivanti Neurons for PPM
Important considerations prior to configuring Ivanti Neurons for PPM.
You need to identify and document areas such as Roles, Resources, Areas, Stakeholders, Strategic Objectives, Portfolios, and Programs.
- Roles and Resources are used for time reporting, availability, and Project Tasks.
- Areas and Stakeholders are used for Demands.
- Foundations are Strategic Objective, Portfolio, and Program.
- Roles: Use these in conjunction with Resources and help provide key availability information for demand and project management planning activities. Identify Roles for different areas (example: Project, HR, Facilities, Security).
- Resource: When you look at graphs showing Role or Resource availability, the work week hours and operational percentage help determine that availability.
- Area: Use this throughout Demands and Project management to identify the associated business Area (example: HR, IT, Facilities).
- Stakeholders: These are a key part of the approval process in Demands. Stakeholders are populated in the Stakeholder table and can be designated as approvers and executive approvers. Stakeholders are associated with a Demand based on the Demand Area.
- Strategic Objectives: These are documented executive-level business objectives that help guide the approved initiatives/Projects. They are referenced in Portfolios, Programs, Demands, and Projects as appropriate.
- Portfolios: Portfolios are collections of Projects, programs, or other work grouped together to facilitate effective management of work to meet Strategic Business Objectives.
- Programs: Programs are groups of related Projects managed in a coordinated manner to obtain benefits not available from managing them individually. Program management is the application of knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to meet Program requirements.
Use the information below to prepare the environment for localization.
Globalize the following tables in Ivanti Neurons for PPM :
- Operational Task Status
- Operational Task Type
- PPM Area
- PPM Focus Area
- PPM Predecessory Type
- PPM Scope
- PPM Health Type
- PPM Status Group
Globalize PPM Status Group and PPM Health Type because the following tables depend on it:
- PPM Status
- PPM Type
Enable foreign keys for the following PPM Status fields:
- PPM Group
- Next Status
- Alt 1 Status
- Alt 2 Status
Enable foreign keys for the following PPM Type fields:
- Group Name
- Health Type