Create a PPM Demand
Create a PPM Demand to add an idea for approval.
PPM Demands begin as ideas and anyone with CSM credentials can submit an idea. Customers can also add ideas with additional expansion of the configuration to include submission from the CSM Portal.
To create a PPM Demand:
- From the CSM Desktop Client or CSM Browser Client menu bar, select New > New PPM Demand.
- Provide a title and description.
- (Optional) Add a business reason and requester.
The Requester field autopopulates the name of the logged-in user, but you can change it to a different name.
- Enter the requested start date and requested completion date.
- (Optional) Select a Demand team and owner.
- Enter applicable information in the Assessment section:
- Select a t-shirt size and area.
- Enter the estimated total cost and estimated revenue.
These are very high-level estimates of costs and revenue associated with the Demand.
When the estimated revenue is $1 million or higher, an executive approver is required.
- (Optional) Choose a Portfolio and Program (this may not be required, depending on the Portfolio and Program relationships you have set up).
- Choose a type.
If you choose Strategic Objective from the Type drop-down list, you will need to choose the specific Strategic Objective.
- If necessary, select the Need More Information link under Actions to send an email to the requester. This action will revert the Demand back to the Idea phase.
- When the Assessment section is complete, the Accept Idea link under Actions becomes active. Accept the idea to move the Demand into the Approval phase.
- You can reject the idea if you select the Reject Idea link under Actions.
- Select Save.
The idea is now available for Demand managers to evaluate and approve.
If you decide a PPM Demand can be addressed as a Service Request, you can select the Convert to Service Request link under Actions. A dialog box displays for confirmation to open a Service Request and close the Demand. The Demand closes and you are directed to the Incident record to populate additional fields. This becomes a Service Request based on the category/subcategory selected. The information from the Demand is populated into the newly-created Service Request.