Projects can be created independent of an associated Demand depending on customer business processes.
Use the Project form to track status through the lifecycle of the PPM Project. Information from the associated Demand (planned effort, budget items, Resource plan, benefit plan, risks) rolls into the Project.
There are no controls or requirements for moving from phase to phase within a PPM Project; the following statuses let you track the Project through its lifecycle:
- Draft: The Demand has been added to a Portfolio. When the associated Demand is in review, the Project is in the Draft phase. It allows for side-by-side review with other Projects in the Portfolio.
- Staffing: Adding individual Resources to the Project.
- Scheduled: Staffed but not yet active.
- Executing: Project is in progress.
- Closed: Project completed.