Update Task Plan from Microsoft Excel in the CSM Desktop Client
CSM uses the Unique ID field from the Microsoft Excel spreadsheet to update, create or delete Project Tasks.
If you update Project Tasks in CSM (example: Change assignment, effort, start/end dates) these updates will only reside in CSM and will be overlaid if there is an update activity initiated from Microsoft Excel. We recommend one of the following:
- Use Microsoft Excel for new and updated activities for CSM Project Tasks
- Use Microsoft Excel to create the new CSM Project Tasks and then perform all updates in CSM.
To update a Task plan from Microsoft Excel in CSM Desktop Client:
- In Microsoft Excel, apply the updates required. These can include adding new Tasks, deleting existing tasks, modifying predecessors, and changing effort.
- Save the Microsoft Excel file in .csv format.
- Open CSM and access the Project you want to update.
- Select the Update Project from Excel (CSV) link (under Actions).
- When prompted, browse for the .csv file and select OK.