Create PPM Resources
PPM Resource is a major Business Object that tracks Resources available to be assigned to Project Tasks and their associated information to provide availability and allocated time views for Demand and Project Managers.
This functionality is only available after you apply the mApp Solution.
A Resource record is required for each person who will be assigned Project Tasks. All PPM Resources must be in your User Info Table, but not all users have to be a PPM Resource. The Name field within PPM Resource is validated to the Full Name field in User Info.
You can also import a batch of Resources.
To create an individual resource:
- From the CSM Desktop Client or CSM Browser Client menu bar, select New > New PPM Resource.
- Select the full name and department from the drop-down lists.
- Select a role and employment type from the drop-down lists.
- (Optional) Enter any skills.
- Enter the standard work week hours.
- Operational Percent: Enter a number from 0 to 100 to indicate the percent of work week hours spent on day-to-day operational and administrative (non-project) tasks. The Available Project Hours Field automatically calculates using the Operational Percent and Work Week Hours values.
For example, with 40 Work Week Hours and an Operational Percent of 10, the Resource will have 36 Available Project Hours.
Work Week Hours and Operational Percent plus PTO numbers are used during the creation of Resource Time records.
- (Optional) Enter an hourly cost for the resource.
- Select Save, and then select the Create Resource Time Records link (under Actions). This creates a time record for each day of the rest of the calendar year and the following year, which will be used to determine availability at the role and resource level.
A One-Step™ Action (Create Weekly Timesheets) is provided in the solution to create a weekly Timesheet for each Resource in the Resource table. This One-Step Action should be set up as a scheduled process as part of the initial configuration activities.